I came across this recipe on pinterest because this pregnancy just has me craving blueberries in baked goods and those pictures, just sold me on it. Last time it was nothing but fast food, burgers, fries and just greasy food but this time i’m vowing to try and eat better. By eating better, I mean not eating Wendy’s everyday 😉 but i’m still craving my carbs like no other.
Now, if you’re a fan of something to accompany your cup of joe in the morning, THIS IS THE BREAD TO MAKE!!! It. is. delicious. Seriously, go, now, into the fridge and grab the ingredients and make this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It mentioned a lemon glaze and thats what I did to put on top, I made mine rather tart because that’s how I like it but I believe is that is what set it over the top. Come on, lemon and blueberries? You can’t beat that!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blueberries (12 oz)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup plain yogurt, regular or lowfat
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt. Add the blueberries and lemon zest and toss to combine.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yogurt then the dry ingredients, mixing only until incorporated and being careful not to crush the blueberries.
- Scoop batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting gently onto a plate.
Yield: makes 1 loaf